What is Medical Ozone Therapy?
Medical ozone therapy is a unique treatment that both detoxifies and heals the body. Ozone therapy can be used for many chronic illnesses including chronic infections (Lyme, viral, fungal), autoimmune issues, colitis, allergies, bladder issues, Multiple sclerosis, chronic fatigue, acute infections (sinus, skin, etc.), aging process, etc. Ozone doesn’t cure these conditions, but it helps the body through better oxygen utilization begin to heal. It is used in conjunction with all the other approaches offered in my office to help improve a patients Wheel of Health. These include hormone balancing, thyroid and adrenal restoration, improved Gut function and lifestyle modifications.
What is Ozone?
Oxygen you breathe is present in the air as a pair of oxygen atoms. Ozone is composed of three oxygen atoms instead of two. It is the addition of the third Oxygen atom which makes it supercharged oxygen and gives it all its wonderful medical properties.
Is Ozone Toxic?
Ozone is found naturally in the body, white cells produce ozone as part of an immune response. Something your body makes naturally cannot be harmful to the body. Medical grade Ozone, when used according to established guidelines has an unparalleled safety record.
Conditions Treated By Medical Ozone Therapy :
|Infected Wounds||Circulatory Disorders||Geriatric Disorders||Macular Degeneration|
|Viral Diseases||Rheumatism and Arthritis||Cancer||SARS|
Medical properties of Ozone
It has five properties that accounts why it works so well for so many chronic and acute conditions in the body.
- Ozone is a potent regulator of the immune system. This means that when the immune system is activated (autoimmunity) ozone will calm it down. Also, when the immune system is depleted (chronic infections, cancer, etc.) ozone will stimulate it. This occurs by ozone’s unique interaction with white cells to release immune messengers called cytokines.
- Ozone stimulates increased uptake of Oxygen through a special enzyme called DPG. In the absence of adequate DPG our cells become starved for oxygen.
- Ozone improves circulation. It does this by improving the flow characteristic of blood as a liquid. Many patients with chronic inflammatory conditions will have impaired circulation.
- Ozone increases antioxidant protection more than any other therapy. Most patients with chronic illness have depleted antioxidant capability
- Ozone is a powerful mitochondrial stimulant. The mitochondria are the energy source for every cell in your body. The fundamental cause behind all chronic illness from Diabetes, heart disease, cancer, chronic fatigue, etc. is decreased mitochondrial energy production.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is ozone therapy safe ?
Under normal circumstances, Ozone Therapy is considered safe. If its done by trained professionals the treatment is very safe. Infact Ozone therapy has positive side effects such as stronger and longer nails, glowing skin, more energy and better sleep. However, we do not recommend any self-medication, or undertaking any kind of therapy or treatment using Ozone or Ozonated products except under medical supervision.
How is Ozone used medically?
There are numerous ways to use medical ozone. Ozonated Saline, Ozonated Oil, Ozonated water, Limb bagging, Ozone IVs and a few others. Nevertheless, as stated above, Ozone and Ozonated products should be used only under medical supervision.