What is personalized nutrition?
“Let food be thy medicine & medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates Each of us needs nutritive food for 3 basic things – to avoid or manage diseases, for sustained energy, repair and health. People normally follow very generic guidelines for nutrition. At Metabalance however, a very individualistic and personal nutrition plan is recommended which is custom made for the person depending on many factors including their genetic makeup, background, diseases, comorbidities and age.
Personalised nutrition depends on:
|Environment||Lifestyle||Stress levels||Physical activity|
Specialized Nutrition protocols:
Nutrition for weight loss and wellness
Poor diet, inactivity and weight gain can increase risk of Diabetes, Cancer, Asthma and Heart disease. Nutrition for wellness prevent sickness and keeps you healthier.
Nutritional therapy for Cardio metabolic diseases (CMD’S)
Diseases such as Cardio vascular disease, diabetes mellitus, PCOS, Fatty liver, stroke, Gout, Hypertension, low immunity are part of the metabolic syndrome. These diseases require very specific nutrition plans. Personalized nutrition helps in managing and treating type 2 Diabetes, fatty liver, cancer, PCOS and Infections.
Nutrition Infusion Therapy (IV Therapy) provides the vitamins, minerals, and amino acids your body needs, in the most efficient and effective way, powerfully igniting the healing process at a cellular level.
Advantages of IV :
- 100% absorption
- Fast acting
- Safe and effective
- Scientifically tested
Ketogenic diet is a very low-carb, high-fat diet. It is done by drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. The reduction in carbs induces a metabolic state called ketosis. It can cause massive reductions in blood sugar and pancreatic hormone levels and have numerous health benefits in CMD’s and Cancer.
Nutrition for Detox
Heavy metals such as mercury, lead, cadmium, and aluminium are present in our food, water, atmosphere, vaccines, especially our dental fillings. Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, antibiotics, and hormones are in most of the food we eat unless you eat organic. Preservatives and chemicals ae present in processed foods and plastic-ware that we use daily. These heavy metals enter the human body and toxify it. Detox diet assist the liver, kidney and skin to get rid of these toxics.
Nutrition for Gut health healing
Inflammation and Leaky gut are digestive conditions in which bacteria and toxins are able to “leak” through the intestinal wall. Chronic inflammation and leaky gut are linked to diseases such as heart disease or stroke, diabetes and cancer. Anti inflammatory diets can help heal the gut and assess the progress of disease.
It shows the effect of food on our gene and how individual genetic distinctions can effect the way we react to nutrients. Personalised diet is recommended after studying the genetic makeup of an individual.
This is the science of treating the food as molecules which can act like drugs, when given in different combinations, either based on ingredients in each or on different tastes.
Nutrition with fasting
The science of fasting demonstrates its efficiency for health & potentiality for longevity. There are different types of fasting for different purposes such as time restricted feeding, Intermittent calorie restriction, Periodic fasting, water fasting etc.
Did you know?
- One of the most hydrating foods to eat is cucumber which is 96% water.
- Eating a spoonful of chia seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds, you can get your daily dose of magnesium which is low in most people.
- Fresh lime water and Apple cider vinegar reduce acidity and improve the PH level of the body.
- Ragi (finger millets), Jowar(Sorghum)and buckwheat are rich sources of calcium, zinc, folate, magnesium, and iron.
- Do not heat Refined oils such as sunflower oil, canola oil, and olive oil to high temperatures because they can cause the plaguing of arteries and genetic mutations.
- All the bright colour fruits (oranges, berries) and vegetables (Green leaves, Brinjals, tomatoes) prevent and even help in fighting cancer.
- Green leafy vegetables such as bok-choy, Spinach, Kale, collards etc, are anti-inflammatory and improve your gut function.