What is Colon Hydrotherapy?
In the colon hydrotherapy procedure colon is gently filled with warm sterile filtered water through a sterile rectal tube. When the water is flushed out, it carries with it any material that has built up in the large intestine(colon), waste matter, toxins, and trapped gases. The entire procedure is done under the care and supervision of a certified naturopath. The procedure is odour free, safe and done under completely hygienic conditions with a fresh kit for every individual.
Why is it important to clean the colon?
The importance of colon cleansing is vital to understand as modern lifestyle is completely unnatural and unhealthy which causes a build-up of toxic waste in our intestines which doesn’t flush out with regular bowel movement. There are lots of factors that cause this faecal accumulation and toxic build up. Some of the factors are:
- Stressful living where we ignore the ‘urge to go’
- Diets high in gluten and dairy
- Red meat and processed meat consumption
- Refined carbohydrates and sugar
- Processed foods with artificial preservatives, sweeteners and other chemicals
- Low intake of water and consequent dehydration
- Low intake of vegetables and fiber in the diet
- High alcohol consumption
- High consumption of caffeinated and fizzy drinks
Benefits of colon cleansing:
- Improves the health of the digestive system
- Maintains the regularity of bowel movements
- Prevents constipation
- Improves the absorption of nutrients
- Increases energy and concentration
- Helps in weight loss
- Reduces the risk of colon cancer
- Improves the peristaltic movement of the large intestine
- Maintains pH balance in the bloodstream
Enema is a procedure in which gas or liquid is injected into the rectum, to expel its contents or to introduce drugs. Enemas are each said to enhance overall health, promote detoxification, protect against constipation, improve digestion, and support weight loss. In addition, colonics are said to improve the body’s absorption of water and nutrients, as well as fight the growth of harmful bacteria and yeast in the colon.
Different types of Enemas:
- Coffee Solution: Coffee enemas stimulate the natural peristaltic contractions of the colon, and help remove wastes, mucous and bile from the liver, gallbladder and from the colon wall. When a coffee enema is done, caffeine from the coffee is absorbed into the system and goes directly to the liver where it becomes a very strong detoxing agent.
- Buttermilk Enema: Buttermilk enemas help in improving the gut health and also prevent serious dehydration. Buttermilk is a rich source of probiotics and contains all the essential macronutrients. It has proteins, carbohydrates, minimal lipids, vitamins, and essential enzymes. This Enema helps build healthy bacteria in the stomach.
- Warm Water Enema: Warm water Enemas are the most common Enema and beneficial for almost everyone. They enhance the overall health, promote detoxification, protect against constipation, improve digestion, and support weight loss.
- Curumin Enema: Curcumin enema is beneficial for treating conditions that involve inflammation. Curcumin is a chemical present in turmeric that has anti-inflammation properties. Apart from benefiting numerous other conditions it is especially recommended for people undergoing cancer treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Difference between Enemas and colon hydrotherapy
Enemas involve one-time infusion of water into the colon. By contrast, colon hydrotherapy involves multiple infusions. Also, the main objective of an enema is to evacuate the lower colon, while colon hydrotherapy is meant to cleanse a larger portion of the bowel.
Is there any special kind of water used for Colon Hydrotherapy?
Highly filtered water is used which passes through two separate filters before being heated to the correct temperature.
How much time is required for Colon Hydrotherapy and Enema?
It will take 2 hours for the first visit, one hour with the life coach and one hour for the treatment. It will take one hour for each subsequent visit.